We posed the same question – “What are you thankful for?” – to some of the men and women who receive services at North Star’s Waverly Center, located in Waverly, Iowa. I bet that you are probably thankful for many of the same things that they are thankful for! Read on to see their answers.
I AM THANKFUL FOR…
- my staff, family, and food! – – Cody A.
- Dean Shonka – – Jean B.
- friends, my bus driver, and Ray Dixon (staff) – – Joel B.
- my good friends, coming to North Star, and my vacation – – Maria B.
- for Thanksgiving food and my brother coming – – Lucas D.
- Mom & Dad, and for you (the staff asking the question) – – Travis F.
- going to Misty & Patrick’s house for Thanksgiving – – Heather H.
- my mom, dad, sister, and brother – – Jeremy K.
- for staff, hard work, and the Hawkeyes – – Russell L.
- my sweater! – – Shirley L.
- being alive and for my friends, family, and staff – – Alice M.
- for my family, Corissa (staff), and for wresting – “I like that!” – – Chad O.
- my brothers – – Dawn S.
- for food, stuffing, sweet potato, meat and for family & friends – – Dean S.
- Halloween and Judy – – Janet S.
- for my sister’s new baby – – Grant T.
- my mom & dad and the Thanksgiving Day parade on TV – – Lynn T.
- staff at North Star, for my family, friends, and trips – – Brent W.